Federation of European Phycological Societies
FEPS publishes Perspectives in Phycology, a quarterly electronic journal covering all domains of phycology, including the contributions of phycological research to current and emerging issues in environmental, health and industrial sectors. Work on both eukaryotic algae and cyanobacteria falls within the scope of the journal.
The subject areas covered include:
- Applied phycology and biotechnology
- Morphology and cell biology
- Macro- and microalgal ecology
- Macro- and microalgal systematics and evolution
- Molecular biology and genomics
- Physiology and biochemistry
- Toxicology, health and risk management
Perspecitives in Phycology is edited by Burkard Becker (Universität zu Köln) and Mark Cock (Station Biologique Roscoff). The journal publishes (Mini)Reviews, Opinions, Letters to the editors, Algal Facts and other articles. Aimed at researchers, students and teachers, PiP articles are always authoritative, and are written by both leaders in the field and rising stars.
Additional information can be found at the journal’s website.